26 ביולי 2004

Lousy crane

I've reached Koh-Samui yesterday and what an horrible commercial island it is, an island with McDonald's and KFC in it is not my cup of tea. so let me tell you about the reason I'm here, true, it's the bungy site.

Well, before I've got here I made some checking about this place over the Internet and I've found out that they advertise themselves as (and I quote) "accident free since June 14 1992" !!! what the bloody hell had happened at June 14 1992? what exactly did occur at that particular day? I tried to make some checking with the bungy master who denied any connection to any kind of accident.

Anyway, this bungy site looks like the face of this island, it's a lousy crane with a lousy pool at the bottom, and their scale is defiantly uncalibrated. I had a bit of fear from going up on the scale after the last 3 months in India and Thailand, I was worried about the extra wight I must have gained during this time. I went on that scale an it showed 6 Kg less, I repeat, less than since I've last been scaled 3 months ago in Nepal, I immediately told him, "it's can't be true, your scale is uncalibrated." so he gave a closer look at the display and dropped another 2 Kg, Well, what can I say? weird, but as long that the scale fits the site itself I ain't going to argue.

I always wanted to jump and my head would touch the water but I never expected that I would enter all the way up to the waist and I really didn't expect it to be so unpleasant. at the second jump I tried to do some rolling on the air but at the end the bungy masters told me I succeed doing only half a roll, well, next time I'll do better.

I also update my photo album so you can check it out.



אין תגובות: